Friday, December 7, 2012

Its Not His Fault.....Really?

       Does he get the tactics right on a consistent basis?  If he doesn't get the tactics right, does he make swift appropriate adjustments during the course of a match?  Is he stubborn in his ways?   Does he have any HELP in making football decisions?  Who is negotiating contracts?  Is his ego too big to ask for help?   Does he consistently buy or acquire top talent?  I don't mean spend 50 million on one player.  Does he use all the resources available to him to strengthen the squad?  How much money does he have in the fabled transfer kitty?  If the board makes a statement "He's got funds available to spend" and he doesn't spend.....why not? 

      Can he still scout talent?  Why did he buy Squillaci, Chamaak, and Santos?  Can he still motivate players?(Arshavin)  If Arshavin is lazy, why can't he motivate him?  If he can't motivate him, then sell him.  If he can't sell him, then banish him to the reserves, or make him practice by himself, or better yet make him practice with Bentder and Denilson.  Then let EVERYBODY know these players will never play for Arsenal and the reason why...they don't care about the club.  Can you imagine what pre-season must of been like with players like, (RVP, Bentder, Vela, Almunia, Theo, Song, Don Vito, Chamaak, Park Ju, Squillaci, Denilson) around knowing some were happily leaving, or some the club didn't want?  Extremely weird to say the least.  


       I still love the guy and would never advocate him getting sacked.  I just keep asking myself these questions and many more.  When I see him interviewed, I feel sorry for my old friend.  I see fear.  I see embarrassment.  I see the old man with the bird in Shawshank Redemption.  I used to listen to every word like it was the gospel.  Now I take all words with a grain of salt.  When I watch Arsenal play, it's with grain of salt, I don't get too high,( no pun intended) or too low.  I'm not writing this post in anger or frustration, just curiosity.  The last few years as an Arsenal supporter have taught me a thing or two.  I've learned to relax, calm down, and stop complaining.  I've learned to respect different opinions, and not take things so personal.  I've learned to listen, and stop arguing.  And the most important lesson learned in recent years, is that no matter what happens, trophies or relegation, I'm going to support Arsenal FC.  Like Andy Dufresne said in Shawshank Redemption, "Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things.  And no good thing ever dies".  I hope the game hasn't passed him by.  I hope Arsenal FC win trophies again.  I hope.  COYG!!


Peace out
Blanco

No comments:

Post a Comment